Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cherries and Challenges and a Lion, Oh My!

Good morning on a lovely Saturday, peeps! (I can't resist using that word now and again, since it allows me to think of you as squishy, sugar-covered marshmallow chickies!!! *grin*) I forced myself to squeeze in a bunch of stamping while the baby actually took an hour nap this morning. Since I was following the Dare to Get Dirty challenges from Splitcoast, it was pretty easy to whip a few of them up. Just in case I don't have the time to stamp in the next couple of days, I will just share one of them with you now. That way I'll have some pics for the next few blog posts!!!

This challenge was a sketch challenge, so the placement of the rectangular and oval portions were set for me. I chose the colors, stamps, and ribbon. I had to add the red stickles to the cherries, even though I know cherries aren't really sparkly! The ribbon is velvet, which I'm not sure goes with such a summery image, but I had no other green ribbon! I will have to fix that situation soon.

If you have never used a sketch challenge before, think about trying it! Splitcoast has one every Wednesday, and you can always go back and do any of the old ones. If you are ever having a creative block, sketches really help, because the layout is done for you. Or try a color challenge, and then the colors are picked for you. OR, try BOTH at the same time, and then all you have to do is pick a stamp set to use. You can't get any easier!!

We watched the movie "21" last night, which was based on a book that I've read, and on a true story. Since I was in Boston and at MIT, any movies which include either are of particular fascination to me. BUT I WAS SORELY DISAPPOINTED!!! This movie should have been exciting and interesting, like Good Will Hunting or Rounders, but it was really boring and BAD.

Finally, I'll leave you with an adorable pic of my baby, who has recently learned to walk with his little walking lion. Boy , he can really move now!


Have a fantastic weekend, and Happy Stamping!



CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Mix Up of Cuteness, by Unity
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, old retired red DSP
Ink: Staz on Black, Glorious Green
Accessories: oval cuter by CM, red stickles, velvet ribbon, dimensionals

4 comments:

Michelle W. said...

I love your card. I love the glittery cherries and green ribbon. It add some cool textures to the card. TFS!

Cris A said...

Man, we were going to watch that movie this weekend! Maybe not. Cute card, even cuter baby!

Unknown said...

girl it doesn't matter if something is glittery or not IRL everything needs a little bling!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie-pie!!! Watch him go now ...