Thursday, January 29, 2009
The first one is using Worldwin Doublemates cardstock, and an Imaginisce striped paper, as well as SU! rhinestone brads.
This one uses SU! Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock, paper and ink. I dazzled up the cupcake on both cards using Dazzling Diamonds glitter from SU!
And now for your daily dose of baby . . . we gave him his last bath in his ducky tub tonight. Tomorrow will be the regular bathtub for the first time!!!
Make sure you click on these, especially the second one, to see them bigger--the water droplets are so cool!!!
Well, my dh just got the call that tomorrow is another snow day (the roads are still SO icy here . . . ) so that will make a one day work week for him this week and a SIX DAY WEEKEND!! :-) What a nice vacation!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I have another card using Crate Paper's Mia collection from Limelight. This one is using the red patterns, like I promised the other day. I also followed one of Taylor's Cupcake Challenge sketches. What do you think?
The scalloped edge is the Mia glitter strips, I paper pieced the dress (which is Unity), and I painted the eyelet holes and the flower with Angel Wings Shimmerz. Yum!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Isn't the Unity Peacock divine? I used Sparkle, Stack and Water Lily papers. I paper pieced the peacock using the sage and plum papers, and I painted over them with Angle Wings Shimmerz!! Don't you love the sparkle? This card also uses the glitter borders and texture brad from the Crate Paper Mia collection, also from Limelight. Mandy has some amazingly beautiful new papers over there--take a look! I love this collection... there are some more papers with red in them, that I'll be using in the next few days... so make sure you come back to see!
And, now that I'm posting again, you're in for a daily dose of baby! He's been in to tipping over towers that we build for months. Here, I finally caught it in action!!! He is just starting to help build the towers too, so I'll try to get an action shot of that! Enjoy!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Life gets in the way sometimes, you know? Not in a bad way, it just IS!!! Busy with my little one! Here he is being silly . . . he stepped into his little tiny shape sorter bucket--very cute, although I couldn't get a pic while he was smiling!!!
I do have a project to share with you too! I think this was a challenge to use bling???? I tried to make a blingy cherry blossom tree . . . I used pink Kaisercraft gemstones, after making the leaves with the tip of a green marker.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Friday, January 23, 2009
1. Oh, I am so craving chocolate!
2. I kind of *like* changes, big and little.
3. During the night, I wish I could fall asleep easily.
4. Pegged Jeans (a la Katie Holmes); are you kidding me???
5. Right now I'd like to be someplace warm and tropical.
6. My laptop is my favorite gadget.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include sleeping and Sunday, I want to sleep!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Ladies, the new Stampin' Up! catalog is fabulous! If you don’t have one yet, give me a call or email me to set up your workshop, where you will get one for free! You can find my contact info on my SU! Website, HERE. You can also order from the new catalog RIGHT now from my site! I have several dates in February and March still available . . . and it is Sale-a-bration during those months, so you and your customers can earn even more free stamps!!! There are some beautiful new stamps in the catalog, and LOTS of new fun accessories. If you are like me, I know you’ll want to get your hands on ALL of them… but who has $107 just to spend on accessories? I know I don’t! So I am offering you a fantastic chance to get a great assortment of all the new buttons, brads and clips! Read on for details:
You will 44 pieces, with 1 of most of the new hardware accessories, including:
- 1 Clear Rhinestone Brad
- 4 Jumbo 5/16″ Brads (one each of Chocolate Chip, Silver, Whisper White and Very Vanilla)
- 4 Jumbo 5/8″ Brads (one each of Chocolate Chip, Silver, Whisper White and Very Vanilla)
- 4 Flower Assortment brads (one each of Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Pumpkin Pie)
- 3 Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons (1 button of each style)
- 3 Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons (1 button of each style)
- 3 Kraft Corduroy Buttons (1 button of each style)
- 3 Pacific Point Corduroy Buttons (1 button of each style)
- 3 Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Buttons (1 button of each style)
- 3 Summer Sun Corduroy Buttons (1 button of each style)
- 10 Latte Buttons (one button of each style offered in the package)
- 3 - 1/2″ Library Clips (one each of Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and Old Olive)
You can see all of these items online on pages 174 - 176 of the new 2009 Spring-Summer Catalog. Each club will consist of 8 people. When a club fills, I will place the order for that club and then start a new club of 8 members. I will place the first club order as soon as it fills! It will take approximately 2 weeks from the time the order was placed to ship to you.
This club is for U.S. orders only!To join the club, please place your order by paying below. The $21 total includes all of the items listed above and shipping from me to you! This will allow you to try ONE of every hardware item that is new to this catalog. Then you can decide which you really love and order full items of those!!
Friday, January 16, 2009
I used basically the same materials for both cards: WorldWin Doublemates Fairy Tale Pink double color cardstock, Fabriano watercolor paper, My Mind's Eye Bohemia Blossom "Angel" Small Damask, SU! Chocolate Chip CS, Oval Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder & Big Shot
dimensionals, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, Watercolor Crayons in shades of brown and pink, SU! retired ruffled ribbon and narrow chocolate grosgrain, Kaisercraft Blush Pearls, assorted punches.
What a fun set to work with! Make sure you see what the fabulous Flourishes design team did with it too! Julie has them all linked from her blog post. Thanks so much, Julie and Flourishes (and their fabulous new artist, Lauren Pope) for liking my idea!!!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
1. Enough with the new American Idol judge--what's that all about?
2. Work (as in do I go back to work and leave my child with someone else just so I have money?) causes me to be conflicted.
3. I've been craving pretty much everything that tastes delicious but is terrible for me.
4. Mitch Hedburg makes me laugh. (what a shame he's gone, because he was one funny guy!)
5. I wish I could go to CHA next week.
6. My family has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hopefully going to bed early, tomorrow my plans include going out with my best friend and Sunday, I want to go to church WITH my husband instead of seperately!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Tips for an Exceptional Life
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to__________ today."
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2008.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie (not you guys.) Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give it time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for __________." Today I accomplished _________.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
1. It's January; 2009 will be a very good year for me!
2. Chocolate is what I crave most right now.
3. Cork and wine go together like (I'm stumped on this one...)
4. Friendship is so nourishing.
5. Let us dare to smile and share a kind word with everyone we see during the day.
6. My husband and my son are my home.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to bed early, tomorrow my plans include watching Wall-E with my best friend and nephews and Sunday, I want to cook a yummy dinner!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
It has been way too long since I've posted. I have been SO out of it in terms of stamping. Even now, I am finding it hard to get started again, even though I WANT to. I'm having trouble getting myself into the creative mode. Thankfully, for our Unity Wednesday Challenge, Kim came up with something perfect:
Well, I kept it simple, alright. In fact, I was reminded of the term KISS: Keep it Simple, Stupid!!! and thought it applied to me this week. So I used my Kiss stamp from November's KOTM.Since we've all been busy,some are searching far and wide for their long lost mojo, and others have indulged (just a little) this holiday season, I'm offering up a SLIM (he, he) Challenge for next Wednesday.........SometimesLessIsMoreA card base (you can layer if you like), an image and/or sentiment, and one embellishment.
I'm a pretty simple, basic kind of gal and like those clean and simple type cards that are quick and easy to make. Unity has lots of great stamps that shine all on their own. So............this coming Wednesday, just keep it simple!! Easy enough, right?? Can't wait to see what everyone creates!!
Self explanatory, I think, other than I tried out my new Martha Stewart glue pad to stamp the kiss with, and then used red glitter. Super easy, and yet it seriously taxed me. I'm going to have to get back into the groove somehow!!! Anyone have any ideas for me??
Looking forward to Hip Hop tomorrow... maybe that will get me going.