Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bright Butterfly & Lunch Out

Good morning! The baby is taking a longer nap than usual, so I managed to get Julee's Mojo Monday sketch done. Here is her sketch:

Here is my card:


It is a bit out of my comfort zone where color is concerned, but those were the colors I was drawn to to color the butterfly, and the card grew around that! It is funny, when I first started stamping, I used TONS of bold brights, and now I very rarely use ANY of them! so to have three of them on one card is crazy for me!! I am still in love with these butterflies from Unity, though. They come with such pretty words, too. It is a very inspirational stamp kit!

Today is dh's last day at school, and I'm going to take the baby up to have lunch out with him and a few of his co-workers, who dh claims want to see me, but I know they really just want to see the baby! It's the reality of my life! LOL! I don't blame them, my baby is as cute as can be! Here's a colorful picture of him, since this post is all about color!


You'd want to have lunch with him too, wouldn't you? :-) Well, have a great day! Happy Stamping and Happy Summer Vacation! Wahoo!!!!


CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Butterfly Beauty and Oh Happy Day! (dotted background) by Unity
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Yo-yo Yellow and Basic Black by SU!, watercolor paper by Fabriano
Ink: Staz-on Black
Accessories: Circle punches and Scallop Punch, dimensionals, aquapainter, Watercolor Wonder crayons, slit punch (to make the scalloped strip), Prima flower, and bling!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love those butterflies!!!

Mandy said...

What a cool butterfly! Your card is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Great card but... How cute is he!!!!

Lori Barnett said...

Cute card...but not as cute as the baby!! :) Hey...I'm babysitting my 4 month old grandaughter today...I could have come had lunch and the babies could have shared drool stories! LOL He is totally CUTE!!

Cecilia said...

very nice card!

loretta said...

Your little guy is adorable.

Don't blink -- next thing you know he'll be 19 and joining the Air Force. Ahh sweet memories!

Enjoy!

Becky Carafa said...

Great use of the bold brights! You did a fantastic job with the layout.
Your little guy is adorable!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! As well the baby ;)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful. I love how the black with the bold colors really makes it look so crisp. Thanks for playing! :)