Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bad Blogger, No Mojo

Well, I have not been able to stamp for quite some time. I just haven't had it in me. Have you ever had that happen before? Today I decided enough was enough. I grabbed the current sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You and I just started working. I've been dying to try the sewing on pleated ribbon look I've been seeing so much lately. I have no idea if this works or not, but AT LEAST I STAMPED SOMETHING!!! :-) Yay me!!!



I used Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red as my color combo, with various patterned paper in those colors. The stamp set is "Great Friend" and is in the current mini. If you'd like more info on any of the products I used or would like to order them, please drop me a line at stampmaniac at gmail dot com!

Earlier today while trying to get the little guy to help me clean the room up (read this as Mom was crawling all over the floor, singing "clean up, clean up, everybody clean up," and putting a zillion mega-blocks and books away) this is what the smart little one decided to do:


He had a great view of his mom crawling all over the room, didn't he? :-) And luckily, he let me snap a pic before he moved.

16 comments:

Danni said...

Kids are so much fun, huh? LOL!!
Love your card! I think you did a fab job on it!

~dawne said...

Looks like your mojo returned!! Love the card & your ribbon!!

Savitri said...

Adorable card! The colors are awesome!!! Great picture too! My dd, she's 5, and man, I cannot get her to clean unless I'm right on her back. We did the clean up song too when she was little. CUTE!

Kevin Renz said...

Good for you. You did good!

Laura Davis said...

Jess
Welcome to 2S4Y! Your card is absolutely scrumptious!
Thanks for playing!
Laura

Christi said...

Wow! I am seeing absolutely NO SIGN of lacking mojo here...this card is GORGEOUS!!! smiles...

Lulu said...

Stunning! Loving the stitched ribbon so much! I just got a machine and I'm dying to try that out :)

claudia shadler said...

oh so very cute card! I love what you did with the ribbon, very cool colors and the butterfly is awesome!

TFS
Clouds :o)

cnelson said...

gorgeous card! love the stitched ribbon! i think your little one had the right idea...lol! he is so cute!

Gretchen said...

Great to see you back! Love the card and the ribbon thing!!

Ewonne said...

This is amazing! Love what you did with the ribbon and the butterfly looks great here!

Unknown said...

wow, this is simply beautiful!

Ellen said...

Congrats on being in the FAB 5!
Your card is beautiful!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Your card is great and lovely use of ribbon too!

Jessica Theodore said...

Lovely card, congrats on making the fab 5, love the ribbon, nice colours too! great take on the sketch!
kids are cute lol my 4yr old daughter is pretty good packer-away, we have a counting race to see if we can pack everything up before we get to 20 (unless its a bigger mess we count longer) or if its books on the floor we count books as she stacks them back up.

Sandra Korten said...

Hi Jess,
Congrats on making the fab 5. Your mojo is def. back!!! Beautiful card! Love the stitching.
gr Sandra :-)