Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

Ick! It's another scorcher today. Thank GOODNESS for A/C!!!!! I know we are spoiled, but I seriously cannot imagine what life was like before air conditioning. The only drawback is not spending much time outside. I really don't like being sweaty and sticky, and I sunburn easily. The baby has been whining when we go out, because he's too uncomfortable in this heat. Does that make me horrible? That I'm keeping my family inside because it is hot!?? Tomorrow is supposed to be only a high of 81, so we're planning on taking the baby to the pool for the first time. I'll try to get some pictures to share.

I just finished a fun birthday card that I'd like to share with you. My inspiration came from the bright floral paper in my stash. I used Bashful Blue to tone down the brightness that I've been having such an issue with lately. I don't mind the bright green and orange when mixed with something softer. I found this tiny grosgrain ribbon at JoAnn's this morning for $1.00 a spool! WOW! I also punched holes in the scalloped circle edges, and added some green bling to the butterfly's body. This is one of my most favorite of my latest creations. What do you think?

I can't believe the baby is still sleeping! I have to go see if the grill still works before he wakes up, so I can grill us up some yummy dinner tonight. That's worth going out in the heat! I still haven't gotten any recommendations for Bad Movie Night from any of you. We will probably not go to the video store until Wednesday, so if anyone has any suggestions for us, I'd sure love to hear them! :-)

Have a great day, and happy stamping!


CARD RECIPE
Stamps: Oh Happy Day! and Sentiments O'Simple (both by Unity)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, unknown patterened paper
Ink: Bashful Blue and Green Galore markers
Accessories: ribbon, dimensionals, punches, bling

7 comments:

Jessy said...

HI Jess- LOVE the card its real pretty and you did awesome "toning down the brights" with the soft blue. AMAZING!!!

Christi said...

Jessica, this is gorgeous! I love those fun, bright colors!

...and I totally can commiserate with the heat and the baby...my little one was dying in the car today while we were waiting for the ac to kick in... :o(

Maria said...

This is fantastic! I hear you on the heat, I can't stand it. Today it was almost 100 here and humid! I def keep me and the kids in the A/C on days like this!

Cat Tidwell said...

Very pretty! Love the spring to feel to this card, and the blue card base goes so well with it!

Brooke said...

i think your card turned out FAB!!

Unknown said...

the colors are beautiful! love your card!!

Beanhead said...

As usual, your creating is amazing! Don't worry about staying inside away from the heat - living in Florida I do that from June - September. It's just plain miserable out there!