Friday, May 9, 2008

Challenging Challenges!

Who ever thought that a challenge would be challenging? Ha! I stamped for two of Jen Tapler's Stampin' Out Alzheimer's challenges today: SOA#6: Marvelous Metal and SOA#13: Purely White. I found them both difficult. But I did them anyway. The metal one was hard for me because I had made up my mind to use the metal pieces you see on the card, but I couldn't figure out HOW to use them. I think it turned out okay, but I don't love it.




The White challenge was difficult because I'm so used to "prettying up" my cards with layers, color, embellishments, etc., and I wanted to keep it simple. I ended up doing two, just coloring in line images. On the plus side, I got to try out two stamps that hadn't seen ink yet: my Bella and my cupcake from Lizzie Anne. I love cupcakes!!




The baby is six months old today! Wow! I took him to get his picture taken, and he did fabulously! We got tons of cutie pie pictures, and he smiled and even sat up all by himself for them!

One final challenge for today was Jen's Box of Kindness challenge. This one was so much fun! I love the Berry Bliss DSP, so I used that as my inspiration. And can you believe, I FINALLY used some of my flowers from my Pretties Kit and dyed them with my markers... SO easy, and SO beautiful!! Why have I been hoarding them for so long??? Here are three pics of the little box and matching cards:


I actually made six little cards for the inside, two thank you, two celebrate, and two happy birthday. I have to dig around for envelopes which I know I have somewhere, and then figure out who is getting this adorable thing!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic Jess!! Not too simple at all. BYW, I've extended the deadline to midnight Saturday. Thanks so much for participating - I love all of your entries!!

Kristine said...

Wow Jessica! This box was just darling!
Love Kristine=)