Monday, May 5, 2008

Mojo Monday #36


I really love Julee's Mojo Monday Sketches on her blog, Poetic Artistry. Having a sketch to work from makes me try different layouts and I find I end up loving them and then using them again for other cards! Sketches are great when you have a creative block... you can just start laying out the cardstock and half the work is done for you! I always thought I'd feel "trapped" by a sketch, since I would have to lay it out a certain way. Amazingly enough, I find it quite the opposite--I feel free to think differently than I would on my own, since I tend to be "safe." (sticking with what I know.) This was her sketch this week:


Here is what I whipped up during the baby's nap. (I hear him now, so I will have to go get him after I publish this post!) I think this card is so bright and Spring-y!!! (Is that a word?) I used Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal, along with a retired stamp set, Happy Harmony, which I *think* was from last year's Sale-a-bration.


I'll be back with more later, hopefully even today! Have a marvelous Monday!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Jessica I’m sooo jealous I love SU products, but only recently found someone to order for me... then had to buy from the US as every one I contacted in the UK didn't reply...I'm really looking forward to my first order arriving in May. I love the Colours you've used on your card and it's instantly recognisable as SU, and yes I think it looks "spring-y" to... I loooove the stamp you used... Tina

Lorie said...

Oh, my...this is so lovely and springy. I just LOVE it!

Erin McKinney said...

Love the color combo...it is so cheerful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just lovely. The two tones on the flower are gorgeous. Thanks for playing! :)