Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stampin' Out Alzheimer's Challenge Week!

Good morning! I'm participating in a challenge week from Jen Tapler to raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's. Check it out--you can still donate and participate. It is such a great cause! Here is my first card for her SOA#1 which was to make a boy's birthday card with a number as the main image:


I made this for my nephew who turns 9 in June. I liked it so much I did another one with 8 for my nephew that turns 8, but not until October. I think I will see how old all my other nephews and nieces will be and make similar cards for all! I love how it turned out!

The next card I made this morning while the baby was napping. It is for Jen's SOA#3 which is a color inspiration based on this photo:

It translates to SU! colors Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron, but I see a bit of Sage Shadow in the pillow on the bed, so I added that too. Here's my card:


Amazingly enough, I used two dollar stamps from Michael's on this one! The main image, which you can see in the picture, and the swirls on the lower left, which are actually a clear stamp that came in a set of four for a dollar! WOW! Strangely enough, I don't know anyone having a baby that I need a card for right now, but I'll save it for someone!

It's a rainy, lazy day here in Ohio, so I'm sure I'll do another challenge or two during baby'ss naps...
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

These are both awesome! I love the bright colors and the glitter. The color inspiration card is just perfect! Great cards girl!

Unknown said...

These are great Jess!! Thanks for playing! Can't wait to see what else you create this week!!

Mary Dawn said...

the only red rubber dollar stamps at my michaels are martini glasses, a giant bin full of martini glasses LOL

cute cute cards, love the sweet pea

Laura Williams said...

Ooooh these are both so lovely! I love the birthay card! the gliterry 9 is SOOOO fun! thanks for playing along at the Unity forum today!

Pam's Pride said...

Awesome cards! Love the color combo!