Saturday, April 12, 2008

Less is more?

I would love to go back and find some of the first cards I stamped. I'm sure they wouldn't compare with what I can create now, but we have to start somewhere, right? As a teacher, I tell my students the only way they can get better at something is to practice. Over the years, I've gradually added more "skills", or techniques, and LOTS of embellishments. I'm addicted to brads, buttons, ribbons, hardware, etc. Sometimes I find it hard not to put TOO much stuff on a card. So, once in awhile I like to go back to the basics, and just do a simple one layer card. That's basically what this is.


I used the stamp set Doodle This, along with Sincere Salutations. I used blender pens and classic ink from the lid of my ink pads to color in the image. If you have never done this, it is one of the easiest ways to color an image. I'll post a quick tutorial soon. I believe the red flower is popped out on a Stampin' Dimensional, so it is not truly a one layer card, but darn close! Sometimes less is more! Have a wonderful day.

No comments: