Monday, August 18, 2008

Candy and More Candy

Today is Monday, right? I sure hope so, because it has felt like a Monday ALL DAY LONG, starting at 5am. Baby is getting his top teeth, and doesn't sleep well while teething. (who would?) Baby not sleeping well = Mommy not sleeping well. I should probably be in bed now, but I'm going to squeeze out a bit of alone time before bed. I must have some balance, right?

I actually stamped two things today, both in a rush, because I wasn't sure how long his naps would last. I also did it instead of cleaning the kitchen, which means I will HAVE to clean tomorrow before I do any stamping at all! Bad girl!

This first project was the technique challenge over at SCS today. It was super easy, and look how cute it turned out! There are directions to print out and everything... go try it!


The next picture is a card I made with Unity's August Kit of the Month, Remember Happiness. This is such a cute kit! I love the images--they are all so sweet. I actually used a scrap of the acetate from my first project, ran it through the Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots, and think it is a pretty cool background! I put Crystal Effects on the jars, too, to make them look like glass. This was such a fun card to make!


This last picture is what the baby does for exercise over and over and over. Of course, one of us is always right behind him. You can see dh's shirt on the top left--he ducked behind the wall quickly while I took the picture. You would think repeated stair climbing would tire him out enough that he would sleep all night, wouldn't you? You would, but you'd be wrong. :-(


Well, that's all for me tonight, peeps! Go have your little marshmallow-y selves a nice evening, "k"?? Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

SeaStar Creations said...

really box. i need to try one of those :) and i have never put a piece of acetate through my sizzix. might have to try that ... it looks too cool :)

JUST JUDY said...

OMG - - the box, the cupcake put me over the edge. I've seen a gazillion of those today at SCS and now yours has to be the best-I LOVE ANYTHING CUPCAKE!! It's adorable. I can't wait for my order to get here and guess what. I had an entire package of acetate - - just sittin around collecting dust bunnies.....CAN I FIND IT NOW??? NO -- I tore this room apart!! And I'm not done yet!!

GREAT JOB on that and the card and you little baby is adorable!!

Judy :0

Amber said...

Love your projects... acetate is fun to work with! OK, and that baby.... so cute!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Love your projects! The acetate box is something I have to try and the penny candy image is beautifully colored! A sweet baby crawling = a busy mommy, huh?

Cris A said...

I absolutely love this stamp!! And I love how you used the cuttlebug on the acetate!

Felicia said...

The box is adorable! I had no clue there was a tutorial for it. Going to check it out tomorrow.

loretta said...

I''d really like you to post a template or tutorial on the cute acetate box, I love the idea, I love the pictures of the little one as well.

Thanks for the great ideas.

Jessy said...

Jess, the treat box and the card are just darling. Great job with both. LOVE em!!