Friday, August 29, 2008

100th Post!

I can't believe this is my 100th post! Just a few months ago, I decided to give this blogging thing a try, and here we are a few months later! I'm even closing in on 10,000 hits, which is amazing to me.

Quickly, on the baby front: the last two nights, he's only cried for about 5 minutes, so we thought things were improving. But right now I'm listening to him sob, as I have been for over an hour now! I stamped a bit, in another room where I can't hear him, but he's still at it. It is so heartbreaking, and of course now we are wondering--when will it start working?

I broke out my new Stampin' Up! sets again today. This first card uses Inspired by Nature, which is such a beautiful new set. It is so perfect, it doesn't really need much embellishment. I just added a touch of ribbon. The great thing about silhouette stamping, is that you can pretty much stamp in any color, and it will look great! This second card is using Party Hearty, which is a delightful new birthday set. I stamped the row of party hats in Tangerine Tango, then again on a scrap of white in Riding Hood Red. Then I cut out two of the red hats and glued them on top of the orange ones, so I had a row of alternating colors. SO simple! Sometimes the simplest cards stand out so much! I stuck with those two colors, and made this third card. It is just okay.

I really hope the baby stops crying soon. I should go to bed early tonight, but I took a nap with him earlier, so I'm feeling pretty good. I don't know when I'll stamp again, but please check back, because I will soon! Meanwhile . . .

4 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Oh how I love those blue flowers!

Amber said...

I love your Inspired by Nature card and the Party Hearty card! They are both great and I love the color combos!

Darlene said...

Your cards are adorable!!! And, on the baby ... things WILL get better with time! hang in there!

Stacey Schafer said...

love what you've done with this set!