Monday, August 25, 2008

Pirates, Pirates Everywhere!

My four year old nephew has been obsessed with pirates for a couple of years now. It is one of the coolest obsessions one could have, I think. He takes it pretty far, though... he won't wear any shirts unless they are pirate-related, and he likes to wear them to bed too. He has every imaginable pirate toy there is, and yet he keeps getting new ones (so they must make more than every imaginable toy!) This is the second year he's had a pirate party for his birthday, and I helped make the cake this year. Isn't this the coolest cake ever?


I found the recipe online HERE, and it tells you exactly how to get it to look this AWESOME! He loved it, of course. It tasted great, too, but pretty much anything with frosting tastes good to me! :-) Well, maybe not broccoli or brussels sprouts or any vegetables of any kind, for that matter. I also made a pirate card, which he tossed aside, but his mom loved. I used a couple of cute little single Lizzie Anne stamps that I got several months ago just for this purpose.



Finally, a few weeks ago, my mom, a retired teacher, gave all her paper puppet making supplies to my nephews, and we made a bunch of pirate puppets to have for the kids to play with at the party. It was an evening party, and they wouldn't have time to have the kids make the puppets at the party, so about three of us adults made them ahead of time. We used gold cord for earrings, and each one had a different nose, mouth and facial hair. Aren't they cute?


Today has not been a great day. The baby had an off night last night, because we were out late at the Pirate Party! He cried for an hour and a half, and then was up at 5:30. During the day today, he only took one nap, and it was from 9am until 9:45am. DH is upstairs with him right now, even though it is only 6:15, because he is SO exhausted. He is so over tired, that he will probably cry forever tonight too. It is AWFUL!!!!!

8 comments:

Conni said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!

what an awesome set up, you did an awesome job on the cake,
C

Tiff said...

Best of luck with the little man tonight... I hope you get some rest! The cake turned out awesome!

Cris A said...

What a fun party!! The cake looks delicious!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! What fun stuff! I can't believe you made that pirate cake, it's so awesome! And the party favors too! I can't imagine how much fun they had! Too funny about your nephew tossing the card aside! Hope the baby gets comfortable and you all sleep well tonight!

Loreen said...

You are a supermom =) Thanks for sharing!

Beanhead said...

Wow - all that pirate stuff is marvelous! What a great aunt you are, too!

Michelle said...

That is just adorable! I love it!

Mandy said...

Adorable! I love the bags and the card! Sorry about the little one! Been there....Yikes...