Sunday, September 7, 2008

Too Bad, So Sad

Good morning!

This is what is too bad, so sad:


In case you were wondering, this is what nearly $200 worth of graduate school textbooks looks like. Funny thing is (not really) the one on the right is paper back. No kidding! They look really thrilling, don't they? Man, when I think about the amount of fabulous stamping stuff I could get for $200! But, since dh HAS to get his Master's in order to stay a teacher, I guess it is money well spent. Ha!

Remember I was telling you yesterday about the Unity swap I participated in a few weeks ago? Well here is one of the awesome cards I got back in the swap. This is from a super talented gal, Kristine Bents, who is also one of the artists for Unity's stamps. I don't know which stamps she is responsible for, but I know she is talented!


Remember to check this post for BLOG CANDY!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

Beanhead said...

So sorry the texts cost so much. I was fortunate when I got my master's degree - we were on a satellite campus and we bought our books from the people who just finished the course and then sold them to the people who were taking the course after us. I sold all my texts for the same price I bought them for so it didn't cost me a cent!

Rhonda Langley said...

One of my son's computer books was paperback and cost $130!!!!! Half.com is a great place to buy used and sell yours when you are done. I sold all but 1 of my DS's college books!!

Jim C. Hines said...

Amy started grad school a few weeks ago too. You know, if I could charge that kind of money for *my* books, I'd be able to retire tomorrow. Grumble...