Monday, August 4, 2008

Thirty-four Years Young Today!

Happy Birthday Me! I got to sleep in a little today. I don't know what we are going to do today, but I know dh is making me a chocolate cake-yum!!

I think these are my last two Dare to Get Dirty challenges. The first one was to "make a scene" which I thought I would not be good at. I think it turned out okay. I stamped the penguin, but sponged/drew the sky, grass and ice. I'm not sure if you can tell, but I put Crystal Effects on the ice to make it look shiny.


The second card was a challenge to rip/tear/distress. I am not a shabby chic style stamper . . . I usually stick with clean and simple. Amazingly, I actually like how this turned out! Of course, part of it is the awesome quote! (from Unity) I just gave this card to a friend last night. She loved it!


This last picture is of the baby trying to keep cool by holding a cold water bottle. He's reclined in his stroller, with his feet up on the front bar, just hanging out. It was in the 90s at the Irish Festival. This was towards the end of the night, when he was a bit fussy, which is why he's plugged!! :-)


If I stamp today, great. If not, great. I plan to have a nice day with my little family. Have a great day with your family too! Happy Stamping, friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAHHH!!!!!
Happy Birthday, Jess!!!

I'll be 35 years young in a couple of months...34 was pretty fun, enjoy!!!

Hope you have a great day and your cards arr fantastic as always!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! Hope you have a great day.
Cheers,
Katie

Amber Hight said...

Jess! Happy Birthday girl! I hope you had a GRRREAT day!--Amber