Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hope

Good morning, my stamping friends!

This week Unity Girls' challenge was something to do with HOPE... let me see if I can remember-

H-use a sentiment stamp that says something about hope
O-put ribbon ON your card
P-use pink on your card
E-use an embellishment that starts with "M" for Mammogram

I *think* that was the challenge... So, I used my "hope" stamp from Floral Fantastical, I used the fabulous Pink Pirouette super wide SU! ribbon, lots of other Pink Pirouette, and a metal embellishment over the sentiment, from an old Hodgepodge Hardware set. I LOVE how this card turned out!!


Make sure you visit all the other Unity Girls--their links are in my right sidebar!!

We are trying only one nap for the baby this week. Last week he refused to take his afternoon nap, so he was super tired and cranky and ended up going to bed for the night at around 6pm!!! So yesterday, I tried putting him down at 11, instead of 9 for his nap, and he did end up sleeping for about 2 hours. Hopefully he will get used to this new schedule pretty quickly, and maybe the nap will even get longer??? Please???? :-)

Here he is waiting for Daddy. When Jay gets home from work, I just say "Daddy's home!" a few times, and the baby drops what he is doing and races to the gate, climbs up there and squeals with delight as Jay opens the side door and comes in!! It is super cute! I know it makes Jay's day, too.

11 comments:

Mandy said...

What a beautiful card! And your little one waiting at the gate is so precious! :)

Lisa Hetrick said...

Hey Jess, Love your cards. LOVE the corner stamp, too. Hope the nap schedule is working out. Just when you think you've got it down.... Lisa

Scrappychick said...

You are right...the card turned out gorgeous! And that littel snicker on youer little guy....he is ca-ute!!!

Tiff said...

I heart your card!!!! Everything about it is soooo pretty!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is such a gorgeous creation Jess! So elegant and just simply beautiful!

And what a sweet little man!! I can remember those days, battling with the nap changes, hopefully he will adjust, always need that 'you' time even for just an hour of the day!

Amy said...

Love what you did with the card...and awww cute baby!!

Ryann said...

I hope nap time went well today! :-)

Great card Jessica!!

Jessy said...

Jess- love the card. It turned out GORGEOUS. Love the sparkle, the colors and the many details that make it unique. Great job. Good luck with the nappy time schedule, the baby looks adorable just waiting for his daddy. :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love the color scheme! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Very elegant card Jess!! So pretty!! The little guy at the gate is so adorable!

Lori said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the wide pink ribbon.