Saturday, October 18, 2008

Leaves, Flowers and Music

Yesterday we took the baby (when will I have to stop calling him that? He'll be ONE in about 3 weeks!) to a nature trail to go hiking. He had a blast romping around in a giant leaf pile. Isn't he adorable?


On Thursday, one of the Hip HOP challenges was to make a card with flowers. I cannot believe I never inked up this awesome Unity chicken before! I used markers (Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red) to ink him up, and then "huffed" before I stamped. Added the Felt Flowers and half back pearls from SU!, and a little knotted ribbon. I really like how this card turned out!!


Finally, another card to share: A simple quote card with just Certainly Celery and black. A little piercing at the corners, and although I don't think you can see them, there are some tiny pearls stuck to the starbursts around the quote.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Tiff said...

LOVE your cards! Your little guy is just precious!

Ryann said...

Adorable baby and love the cards Jessica!

Beanhead said...

So that's what fall looks like!! I would love to be there with baby playing in the leaves! Your cards are beautiful as always!

Jim C. Hines said...

J is three and a half, and I still call him "baby boy" a lot of the time.

It looks like he had a great time crunching leaves :-)