Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wacky Wednesday Card

Good morning to you!

I am sharing my Wednesday Unity Challenge with you today. It was my week to pick the challenge! It was hard to decide, but I finally came up with this: make a non-A2 sized card... tall, skinny, square, round, whatever, just not A2 (regular 1/2 sheet CS folded in half.) I started by trying to make a really big card, but it was just too big for me, and I wasn't inspired. I ended up with this card, which is actually a trapezoid.


The folded edge is shorter than the edge you open, so the top and bottle angle out to the side. Why did I make it a weird shape? Well... I was trying to fix a mistake, and I already had all the bling on, etc., so rather than trash a whole card, I decided that given the sentiment, perhaps a lopsided card could be considered beautiful too? :-)

The butterfly is only attached at the body, so the wings fold out from the card. The stamps are from Unity's Something Within, and Friendship, Love, Miracles, plus the Distressed Dots background, which I LOVE, love love!!!

Make sure you go check out all of the other girls' cards today--over on the right you'll find the links! And join us chatting and winning on Thursday at Hip-HOP!! Thanks for visiting me today! Take care, and--

15 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

This is Gorgeous! I love the pink and brown, perfect color combo, and love the touch of sparkle! Awesome card! Thanks for the challenge this week, waiting for daylight here to get a pic of mine then up...I read this a bit different...I didnt make a CARD...period....lol! But did some other goodies though.

Lisa Hetrick said...

Awesome Jess. Just love that quote, too. I'm going to have to get that one. Lisa :)

Gretchen said...

So cute Jess! I just used this technique with the butterfly wings on one of my WCMD challenges- love how it adds dimension! I would love to see this card in person, it looks square in the picture. Sometimes our mistakes make the GREATEST inventions! Love it!

Jeanne Streiff said...

Gorgeous Jessica! Love the sparkles!!!

Unknown said...

totally love it! gotta break out my distressed dots!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the sparlkes!

http://jenalonso.typepad.com/fstop_memories/

Lisa H. said...

Right on, Jess! this is so ver beautiful! I love "fixing" mistakes.

Jessy said...

Jess this card is beautiful. great job with it and thanks for the fun challenge. :)

Elizabeth said...

SO pretty - I love the subtle colors you have chosen.

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous...please don't be so hard on yourself.

Tiff said...

This is gorgeous! I think the lopsidedness (which I can't see BTW) just adds some character ;)

Kim said...

Really beautiful Jess - I might be havin' to case this one!!

Amber Hight said...

Oh Jess, it's beautiful! Love that sparkly butterfly!

Brooke said...

this is so pretty jess!! i love the color combo and how you used the distressed dots background with the coordinating butterfly.. great job!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! I love the butterfly and the sparkles.